Monday, June 30, 2008

1989-90 Topps Hockey box break: packs 19-27

Pack #19
Nothing ! ! But hey, no Volek!

Pack #20
Cliff Ronning RC 1.25
Ron Hextall .50
Pierre Turgeon .75
Steve Yzerman 2.00

Pack #21

Before I open this pack I've decided no matter what happens, I'm going to save my buddy David 1 pack for sure to open up. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but I'm starting to worry a bit about the 2 cards I still need to complete the set.

Ron Francis .50

Only Francis in this pack. This must be a good omen. This one's going to D.L. for sure.

Pack #22
Nothing but a worthless OC Brian Leetch RC ! What a waste and yes, a bad omen strikes right back. Cardboard Gods, I beg of you. Send me some of that Mario Magic down to help me finish this set!

Pack #23
Steve Chiasson RC .50 (should be worth more IMO)
Ray Sheppard .50

Pack #24
Brian Leetch RC 6.00

Now that's more like it. Perfect little Leetchy.

Pack #25
Kirk McLean RC .75
Patrick Roy 2.00
Wayne Gretzky 4.00
Cam Neely .50
Ray Bourque .50
Cliff Ronning RC 1.25

card #34 is: Tom Laidlaw

Holy Cow! That is easily the pack of the box. I defy the Cardboard Gods to top it! Are you kidding me? Roy, Gretzky, Neely and Bourque? Also Mr. Laidlaw which leaves me ONLY 1 CARD SHORT for set completion! ! Card #156! Let's get it on!

Pack #26
Nothing to speak of.

Pack #27
Chris Chelios .75
Mike Vernon .75

$104.25 is the updated total BV of all STAR cards, 75% through the wax box. 9 packs to go and only in need of 1 lousy card. I can feel it. It's coming though.

No comments: